In a complete moment of insanity at the beginning of Nathan's school year, I signed up to be one of the homeroom parents. Sheldon tried to gently nudge me to stop me from signing up, but like a silly wife I didn't listen. All I knew is that I wanted to be really involved in Nathan's school year. The funny part is that I didn't even know what I was signing up for.
Basically I was signing up to help plan the two class parties, Fall and Valentines day. Seems simple, but for someone who takes care of dying people for a living, this takes me straight out of my comfort zone. After the Fall party though, I realized that it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought. Kindergarten students are easy to please! I left both parties more appreciative of Mrs. Wade and also thankful that God hadn't called me to be a Kindergarten teacher. I might need to be medicated if that was my job. Mrs. Wade on the other hand is sweet and calm all the time and always in control! Wowsers!
So for the party, I roped Sheldon into making homemade bingo cards with the kids' sight words on them(and also drug him to help me at the party). He did an outstanding job. The kids thought it was fun to use heart candies for bingo chips and had lots of fun getting bingo's and winning prizes.
We of course sugared them up with extra sweet heart sugar cookies in addition to their valentine bags full of candy! And shortly after, we hit the road and left their poor teacher to deal with their energy.
Nathan loves us dropping into his classroom. It has been good for us to see how his classroom functions.
Mya of course joined us too. She went around to each 'center' and checked out all the fun things to do in Mrs. Wade's room. She mostly pretended that she was the teacher though.
I wonder if I will sign up to do this next year or not?? These pictures sure do make me smile!
LOVE this post! I have a feeling you are the best room mother ever! What a cool idea for the bingo game--both educational and fun. And I love that you dragged Sheldon along, giggle. Great pics, great fun.
ReplyDeleteBut my favorite part??? Miss Mya as the teacher, ROFLOL--yup, that fits. grin