Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ever need your mom?

I know this is a wierd title, but there are still times in my life that I think in my head, "I need my Mommy!"  Those are the times I usually pick up the phone or send an email.  I'm furtunate that I have a mom and mother-in-law that are easy to call upon when I need a little reasurrance and support.  I like to think of myself as pretty independent but even in my grown up mom role to my own kids, there are always a few times I need to hear a mom's voice of my own. 

But the times I need a little mom support more than others if when I'm sick or when my kids are sick.  Last week Mya ended up with walking pneumonia and I will admit I was glad I had both my mom and Sheldon's mom checking in on us.  When I took Mya to the doctor last week, she ended up having an allergic reaction to an albuteral nebulizer.  One of my friends told me that Mya was lucky to have a 'momma nurse' as her mom.  I laughed and then told her that I am a really dumb nurse when it comes to my own kids and that in the moment when she was reacting, on the inside I was freaking out and saying to myself, "I need my Mom!" 

There are of course lots of moments that I need a mom's reassurance but you can garuntee that if I'm sick or my kids are sick, I will be calling!  You for sure wouldn't know I'm a nurse in those situations:) So thanks Mom and Marcia for always being so supportive to a girl who sometimes freaks out a little!  Not sure what I would do without you!

Didn't she look pathetic?  Poor girl!  But we are all happy that she is back to her normal self now.  It only took two weeks to get her better.  It seemed like forever!

2 comments:

  1. =D I sure hear that! We never really want to be completely "grown up" and independent (read: on our own!) do we???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man especially when I'm not feeling well! My mom says it's nice to know she's still needed. Plus she always is happy to join my pity party if I'm sick. So glad Mya is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete