So the other day, I scrapped all the things on my 'to-do' list and enjoyed my day with Mya while Nathan was at school. It was better than any day that my list could have accomplished. The day was joyful, peaceful, relaxed, and focused on what matters.
At first glance, Mya is a girly girl. She wears dresses almost everyday and loves to have accessories like cute shoes, necklaces, and hair bows. But don't be fooled...
This is what her fingernails look like all the time. She loves digging and playing in the dirt! She is part tomboy! In one minute she wants them painted and the next I'm cleaning out the dirt from under them. She pretty much needs a bath every night.
This pile of dirt is a 'bird nest' that she worked really hard on. Does every pretty girl in her dress do this? Cracks me up! Things like this explain her fingernails!
Mya took her bubble machine everywhere she went on this day. She road her bike through it. Played on the swing set with bubbles blowing on her. And let the bubbles blow at us while we had our picnic. Lawrence Welk would have loved the day too:)
And Mya is quite the little mommy. Her baby joined us for our day outside too.
Now this was a good day! I was also grateful for getting to read part of my book in the sunshine while Mya played! It's been a long while since I have done that! The kids also loved some yummy homemade cookies and their freshly filled sandbox. It doesn't get any better than this simple day! I'm beyond grateful for a refreshed perspective and for the super nice spring we are having!
No comments:
Post a Comment